Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bug spray - What's that?

I went to the beach on another island and stumbled across a nudist beach. Actually, it's right in front where the water taxi drops you off. There were empty lounging chairs, so that is where I ended up. I didn't mind the naked bodies, but I was worried that others would be upset that I wasn't nude. So I took my straps off my bathing suit top and got in the water. That way I at least looked like I was naked. Last night I found local wine bar that serves only Croatian wines grown here on the island. I don't consider myself much of a wine snob since the way I choose my bottles is based upon how interesting the label is and that the bottle is under $10, but the Croatian red wines are the best red wines I have ever had. I talked to the waiter about the wine. Apparently, Croatia has been making wine for 2400 years. Zinfandel's are an offspring of the wines I was drinking on the island. I didn't know wines had offspring. Anyways,the wines can't be exported due to some laws, so you can only drink it here -at least for now. I love planning the trip on a day to day basis. Today, I was supposed to be heading on two long train rides back the way I came to Austria. Talking with a couple from Budapest, they suggested taking a ferry from Split, Croatia to Anconda, Italy. It's much faster. So now the plan is Italy. I'll be in Venice tomorrow and Zurich on Wednesday. Going with the flow. Including the fact that there is no bug spray here because Croatians say there are no bugs. But this Minnesota girl has over 20 bites on her legs alone that are red and swollen because I can't stop itching!

No comments:

Post a Comment